DC offers relief to fire victims

LONGDING | Nov 22 | A double storied building owned by  Thaknai Wangsu was completely gutted when fire broke out in Old SSB Colony here on November 19 last.

The cause of the incident is said to be a short circuit in electric wiring of the adjacent kutcha room used as  kitchen and subsequent bursting of  LPG cylinder. Though there was no report of any casualty but huge properties were lost in the inferno. Longding DC VS Mallik visited the spot on Wednesday and handed over immediate relief of Rs 50,000 to the owners and the tenants of the building.

Four tenant who were staying in the first floor also could not save their belongings.

While interacting with the victims, he expressed his concern over the unfortunate incident and assured to  assess property loss soon  and offer relief immediately.

“Fire extinguishers will be purchased soon for the district HQs to minimise the consequences during such incidents,” he assured.

Related posts