Boy electrocuted at Tichum, DC grants ex-gratia

LONGDING | Nov 30 | Ten-year-old Toicha Wangsa, son of Jamau Wangsa of Nginu village, was electrocuted to death on Wednesday last at Tichum, some 16-km from here.

The kid was reportedly electrocuted when he touched the live wire lying unattended on the ground.

Longding DC V S Mallik accompanied with SP, CO, doctor and power EE visited Nginu on Thursday to convey heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family, handed over ex gratia amounting to Rs 30,000 and some necessary ration items.

The villagers, particularly victim’s family alleged that the electric department staff stationed at Tissa though were informed well in advance about the disengaged live wire but didn’t comply act. Thus, the family urged the DC to terminate all erring officials.

While consoling the aggrieved family, the EE promised to initiate departmental probe soon. However, he lamented that despite submission of proposal repeatedly to replace very old conductor but no fund has been sanction as yet. The obsolete wires cannot bear the strain for long and often breaks down, he said.

When the villagers urged the DC to absorb a member of the victim’s family in Govt job on compassionate ground, he assures all possible help of the district administration to the victims family. He also directed the EE to take stern action against the erring employees and put up soon the deceased case for relief from CM’s relied fund. (DIPRO)

Related posts