From Our Correspondent
PASIGHAT, Jan 24: Major fire broke out at around 12.05 on Sunday that was intensified by bursting of three LPG gas cylinders that totally burnt down four houses in Yagrung village, near here.
A Sajina tree fell on the live wire reportedly causing short circuit and three staff quarters of PHC and one of education department were gutted. However, there was no loss of life, SP Rajiv Ranjan Singh said.
Alert residents of Tekang, Yagrung and Sibut villages prevented the fire from spreading further to other houses. But, house of Tagom Tamat was dismantled in the process. Fire tenders from Pasighat had reached Yagrung, about 12-km away, to extinguish the fire, eye witness Baitem Jerang said.
Meanwhile, Yagrung, Tekang and Sibut have decided to contribute bamboos and took leaves to build temporary houses for the victim families immediately.