Tumi Gangkak mysterious death: GWS to stage sit-in protest

By Staff Reporter

ITANAGAR, Mar 30: With the state government failing to respond to the demand of the Galo Welfare society (GWS) to make the investigation report public within a week, the organisation on Thursday decided to hold a sit in protest at IG Park on April 1 next.

GWS general secretary Nyadar Loya told reporters here that the Galo community has already given a ample time to the investigation agency to go into the depth of the case and to make the report public. With no option left the society, as the ultimate weapon to provide justice to the deceased family, decided to resort to democratic movement.

“After the sit-in protest, if the state government still fails to address the demand, government employees of the Galo community will go for one day mass casual leave on April 10 followed by a capital bandh call,” he added.

GWS and Kargu Kardi Welfare Society (KKWS) have a lot of questions to be asked Once the police reveal the investigation report, Loya said and expressed surprise why the state government has turned deaf and dumb over the demand of the community.

“Issue of Tumi Gangkak is not only the issue of Galo people, rather it is directly connected to the Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) question paper leakage issues,” Loya added.

Overwhelmed by the unconditional support of the public from every corner of the society, GWS also appealed to All Arunachal Pradesh Students’ Union (AAPSU) and Confederation of Service Association of Arunachal Pradesh (CoSAAP) to support the genuine cause of the organisation in particular and the Galo community in general.

From the beginning, the family member and GWS have been demanding for immediate arrest of SIC Inspector Bumchu Krong and others (whom the deceased spouse has named as main culprits), immediate suspension of Bumchu Krong and adequate compensation to Gangkak family.

Meanwhile, Capital SP Jimmy Chiram informed that updates on the investigation have been shared with the victim’s family on a regular basis. However, as of now due to awaiting reports, a conclusive report cannot be provided.

As of now the investigation team has completed the search and seizure from the spot, collected autopsy report, collected and analyzed over 100 hours of CCTV footage, call detail record (CDR) of the victim have been thoroughly examined including detailed interrogation of various suspects and witnesses, he added.

Informing some evidence has been sent to forensic science laboratory (FSL) for further analysis whose reports are awaited, the SP said that CCTV footage and call data records from nearby mobile towers have also been collected and are being analyzed.

Related posts