Live wire electrocutes mother, daughter 

ITANAGAR | Jun 29 | Mother and daughter while returning from jhum land were electrocuted at Bonia village Pongchau circle of Longding district in an unfortunate incident on Tuesday . The deceased were identified  as  Ngapsa Sangam (mother) and Nyachat Sangam, daughter of Pantom Sangam, a class V student of Govt. school Bonia.

The live wire fell down from the poles on the daughter around 3:30 pm and the mother on her attempt to rescue her also got electrocuted. CO  Longhi Naam had rushed to the spot to take first hand information of the tragic mishap, according to an official release.

Meanwhile, the villagers have expressed strong resentment against the power department’s lapse to maintain the power supply line resulting in the mishap.  They deeply regretted that this unfortunate incident would not have occurred had the maintenance been taken up on regular interval.

The local students have sort a magisterial probe and demanded adequate compensation to the victims.

Related posts