From Gawang Sumpa
KHONSA | May 15 | In a tragic accident, one casual electrician Wangkho alias Akho Wangsa was electrocuted to death on the spot while installing new electric poles near Borduria village, 8-km from here around 11.45 am today.
Wangkho, 29, was a permanent resident of Pongchau village under Longding district.
Three other casual workers of Khonsa electrical division, who received severe injuries, included Bothak Wangsu of Chatting village; Tephiam Lama of Borduria village and Wanghun Lowakho of Paniduria village. They were immediately referred and evacuated by road to AMCH, Dibrugarh (Assam) for further treatment.
Meanwhile, Piman Wangsa, wife of deceased Wangkho, along with her relatives, has appealed to the authority concerned – power EE and Education Minister Honchun Ngandum to appoint her on compassionate ground as her husband was lone bread earner of the family having 2 sons and a daughter, all minors.
After conducting of post mortem, Wangkho’s mortal remains will be brought to Pongchau for last rite.