Fire devours 2 houses

By Staff Reporter

ITANAGAR, Jan 30:  Two dwelling houses were reportedly devoured by a ravaging fire and one partially damaged at Weshi village under Pakoti circle in East Kameng district on Monday evening.  The fire reportedly broke out around 5 PM by sparking woods when the dweller was preparing animal feed.  The villagers on being alerted by neighbours rushed to the spot but could not able to protect the houses from ravaging fire. However, they could save one house by dousing the fire.

Local MLA Mama Natung, expressing shock over the fire mishap, provided CGI sheets and some cash to fire victims. Expressing solidarity with them, he suggested the villagers to stay cautious and vigilant in dry and windy session. “Combustible and flammable materials should be kept away from nearer to the fire, especially during indy and dry season,” he added.

Meanwhile, circle officer Pooja Sonam Notung informed that the district administration has initiated to provide relief to the fire victims as per prescribed GoAP norms. The report has been send to authority concerned for grant of  relief, she added.

 

Related posts